Poor Http Server is standalone http server, which is designed for using python web applications. Unlike other projects, this is not framework, but single server type application. It is not depended on another special technologies or frameworks, only on base python library and it provides base API for making python web applications.
Server is not, and it could be not classic http server. It does not support cgi, directory listing or virtual hosting (HTTP/1.1 header). It goes well where it's better run python application in server mode. It is no need to other http server, but it is recommending to use real http server as proxy server before this application. Poor Http server application could be use as html gui of some system application for example too.
- Stand alone server application.
- It's depends only on base Python library, there is no need to other special frameworks or libraries.
- Base API for writing python web applications allows running applications under self users.
- Python modules are still stores in memory, so new request are serves very quickly. [Single and Threading mode]
- Server could runs in threading and forking mode, so more request could be serves in same time.
- Easy configuration by ini file, which could be use to configuration of web application.
- Error and Access Log
- Standard error handlers: 500 Internal Server Error, 400 Not Found, 302 Found (redirect), etc.
- API variability
- Base file transport (css, txt, png files)